Parochial Church Council
of the PCC meeting held on
Monday 16th July 2018:
- The churchwardens are working hard to make sure everything is in place ready for the visit from the Archdeacon and the new Area Dean in August.
- The PCC agreed to have WiFi installed in the church building
- The future of a paper version of the Church magazine was discussed but a final decision is still to be made, it is looking likely that the magazine will be available online with a paper leaflet being produced containing notices, events and contact numbers.
- The licensing of Catherine Hale-Heighway will be on Tuesday 4th September, it is expected to be very well attended and plans are being made on how to mark this celebration.
- There will be a Confirmation at St Paul’s in November, exact date is yet to be announced.
- Building repair work has started on the church porch this week (this is not connected to the PCC)
- The next PCC meeting is Mon 24th September at 10am.
_______________________________________________________________________________________Brief report of the Vestry Meeting and Annual General Meeting held on
Sunday 15th April 2018
- Diane Steer and Johanna Smith re-elected Church Wardens.
- The Financial Report showed we had a very sight surplus due mainly to a discretionary rebate of the Parish Share for 2017. An appeal will be made for a further reduction this year.
- Finances would be very concerning had there not been two legacies received in 2017.
- The Fabric Report explained that major work is needed to the front porch and the interior needs painting. Grants are being investigated to offset the cost.
- The Friends reported another good year and explained how much money had been raised and how it had been used for repairs to the church.
- Attendance at Sunday Lunch Club continues to increase.
- Mothers' Union numbers have increased and a report was given of their varied activities.
- Thanks were extended to all those who continue to work together to ensure St Paul's thrives.