Parochial Church Council
The next PCC meeting is Mon 18th February at 7.30pm - Joint PCC with our benefice to be held at Christ Church, Chatburn
of the PCC meeting held on
Monday 16th July 2018:
- The churchwardens are working hard to make sure everything is in place ready for the visit from the Archdeacon and the new Area Dean in August.
- The PCC agreed to have WiFi installed in the church building
- The future of a paper version of the Church magazine was discussed but a final decision is still to be made, it is looking likely that the magazine will be available online with a paper leaflet being produced containing notices, events and contact numbers.
- The licensing of Catherine Hale-Heighway will be on Tuesday 4th September, it is expected to be very well attended and plans are being made on how to mark this celebration.
- There will be a Confirmation at St Paul’s in November, exact date is yet to be announced.
- Building repair work has started on the church porch this week (this is not connected to the PCC)
Brief report of the Vestry Meeting and Annual General Meeting held on
Sunday 15th April 2018
- Diane Steer and Johanna Smith re-elected Church Wardens.
- The Financial Report showed we had a very sight surplus due mainly to a discretionary rebate of the Parish Share for 2017. An appeal will be made for a further reduction this year.
- Finances would be very concerning had there not been two legacies received in 2017.
- The Fabric Report explained that major work is needed to the front porch and the interior needs painting. Grants are being investigated to offset the cost.
- The Friends reported another good year and explained how much money had been raised and how it had been used for repairs to the church.
- Attendance at Sunday Lunch Club continues to increase.
- Mothers' Union numbers have increased and a report was given of their varied activities.
- Thanks were extended to all those who continue to work together to ensure St Paul's thrives.